Monday 31 March 2014

Octavio Paz anniversary

     Octavio Paz was born 100 years ago. He is not here anymore, but his wonderful work is. I have chosen one of his poems as a modest homage. Do read it with a nice piece of music from Listz " Le mal du pays" from Années of Pélerinage https://www.youtube.com/watch?

Between going and staying
the day wavers,
in love with its own transparency
The circular afternoon is now a bay
where the world in stillness rocks.

All is visible and all elusive,
all is near and can't be touched.

Paper, book, pencil, glass,
rest in the shade of their names.

Time throbbing in my temples repeats
the same unchanging syllable of blood

The light turns the indifferent wall
into a ghostly theatre of reflections

I find myself in the middle of an eye
watching myself in its blank stare.

The moment scatters motionless,
I stay and go: I am a pause



                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment